“Disgusting, horrifying, amusing."
For over 10 years (2001-2011), I wrote, produced and performed with NYC-based comedy group spurn. I was intimately involved in all 14 productions and we performed at off– and off–off Broadway Venues ranging from the SoHo Playhouse to the 13th Street Repertory. The group was a pioneer in offering online video podcasts of short films through various platforms. We received numerous online awards from different video providers (some of whom no longer exist). To get a sense of time and place, know that spurn was the very first comedy group featured by MySpace. (That’s right, muthafuckin’ MySpace.) Some other achievements:
• September, 2007: Received Editor’s Choice picks at Sony’s Crackle site a total of eight times beginning in April 2007.
• March, 2007: spurn video podcasts are the featured selection at Veoh.
• February, 2007: spurn video podcasts are the featured comedy selection at the iTunes Store.
• October, 2006: TimeOut NY gives spurn 4 stars in its Oct 19th issue.
• August, 2004: spurn opens the NY International Fringe Festival to standing ovations and sold-out crowds at the SoHo Playhouse.
Our work and more detail on the group can be found on the still-operative website. A few years after our final performance, we released a compendium of our sketch writing for use by burgeoning sketch comedy groups around the world.
Featured Comedy Group on: